Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We Can Count 26

This is the latest painting Rico and I got from the Núcleo de Arte, a festival of colors and feathers by a local artist called Valentim. It is now hanging in our hallway, and I don't think either of us are capable of walking past without stopping for a few moments to try and count the number of birds. It's harder than you'd think, especially because the painting is about a meter long and in a narrow space that doesn't allow for much perspective. It took me and Rico about 6 different tries before both coming up with the same number of birds. In the process, I even discovered a beautiful, lean woman camoflauged near the right side of the canvas (the easiest thing to see is the outline of her boobs).

How many birds do you see?

8 comments:

Alina said...

I counted 28. But I am not sure I was that accurate :P Anyway, loved the painting, very cheerful!

Liesbeth said...

First counts, I came up with 27 birds, however, when counting again, I only get 26 birds.

You think that title of your post finally showing up might have influenced me?

Hugs
Lies

African Kelli said...

So pretty! This is almost like one of those "where is waldo" pieces I could stare at for hours.

Safiya Outlines said...

I counted 26 and one lady!

Fabulous picture! I'm looking forward to seeing more from the La loca gallery ;)

Annie Jeffries said...

first I counted 26, then 29. I may have dupped. I'm going to count again. Amazing picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, this is a beautiful find. You'll treasure it always!

Amber said...

This is neat! Beautiful.

:)

David Kure said...

thats a really really cool painting.