Monday, March 12, 2007

Avocados - Yay! Hangover - Boo!

This is my 400th post!

I struggle with following through on so many things in my life, so it's especially satisfying to see that my blog is still going strong nearly 2 years after I started it.

Yesterday I had another jewelry/cocktail party. We made an effort to spruce up our flat a bit - rehang the batiks that had fallen off the walls, bring some of our potted plants inside, and do a general cleaning - and it really paid off. Even though we didn't really make any big changes to the flat, it felt much more inviting. Also, we finally have an appropriate number of chairs so that we can actually have people over and not have to squash everyone on the couch.



Now I am paying the price of hosting a party on a Sunday evening. I am hungover and unfortunately have a ton of work to get done today. Ugh.

On a positive note, it's now avocado season in Mozambique and I am looking forward to having beans and squash with a big slice of avocado for dinner.

9 comments:

kanuthya said...

Abacate...hummmmm :) I'll buy a couple of them soon to make guacamole :)

Kristine said...

Sounds like it was a good time!
Avocados sound good!

African Kelli said...

yum. I love the produce there!

Amber said...

Yay for you and your blog! You sure have done a lot in your life for a person who flakes on follow through.;)

And you are such a doll-face.

:)

alphawoman said...

That avacado looks great! Congrats on your 400 post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, Glad to be joining in on your blog from now on! And thanks for the hangover ;-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm....i wonder if there's some kind of avocado cure for hangovers?

Toni M Photography said...

Hmmm, good times hey! Glad you had fun and I'm sorry you're not feeling the best..... AVocado's are my favourite thing on toast.... mmmmm, I think I might be off to make some now.... mmmmmmmm

Big Hugs,
Love Toni

Alina said...

Looks like the party turned out to be really great! So who care about the price anyway...:D You can handle it and I am pretty sure it was worth it. No?