Monday, March 19, 2007

Satisfaction

Friends, I'm doing a little celebratory dance while sitting at my laptop.

After 4 months of extensive market research, writing, editing and trying to manage "team issues" without punching someone in the face, I am happy to report that the FAO feasibility study is finished. I now know more about peri-urban horticultural production and marketing than I ever thought possible, given that I am not an agronomist and never dreamed I'd be working with agriculture-related studies and proposals.

I feel a bit like I've just birthed a child: the process was painful and seemed as if it would never end, but now that all is said and done I'm extremely proud of the result.

Time for some Thai food and a beer!

2 comments:

Alina said...

Congratulations, Ali! Sounds really great. As for way too many agricultural info, you may never know when it comes in handy :) Information rarely harms us, unlike lack of it :)

Lacithecat said...

Yeh! Congrats and I so know what you mean. It can take me a couple of months to get over a project (like my pineapples) because I become so attached and involved.

I am happy for you. Now what is the next challenge?