Friday, December 02, 2005

1200km to Chimoio

Ricardo and I are leaving Maputo tomorrow to take a super road trip back home to Chimoio. Our housemate Patricia recently bought a car here in Maputo and asked us to drive it back for her. Of course, we said yes. We will be driving a Suzuki Escuna (not sure what it is in the US), a mid-size jeep-like vehicle. The trip should take a total of 12 hours, and we are going to split it up between 2 days of driving. Tomorrow we will do 8 hours to the beachside resort of Vilankulos, then the next day we will head inland to Chimoio.

I'm sad to be leaving Maputo, but all signs point to me and Ricardo moving here in March next year to operate a branch of Agrolink in the capital...

Happy driving to me, and I promise to enjoy the white sands, endless coconut palms, warm waters of the indian ocean (no sharks, mom, don't worry - I won't go in past my knees), and the excitement that goes along with any road trip, much less on in AFRICA!

No comments: