Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lazy Day

Three cheers for Ali la Loca spending the *entire* day doing nothing useful.

Okay, nothing job-related and useful. I did manage to cook wild rice and chicken and salad for lunch, homemade tomato sauce with pasta for dinner, and I even made up a recipe for banana cake for dessert.

And then, of course, there was the last semi-final of the world cup tonight between France and Portugal. I think with all the virtual discussions lately with new bloggie friends about Portugal - in sports and in politics and in history - have managed to create a soft spot in me that didn't exist prior to last week or so. So while I was thrilled with the results of last night's game, I was pretty lukewarm about France's win. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they knocked Brasil out of the competition...

So tomorrow I will get back in gear in terms of work. I will also abstain from making Italian food until next week, even though our cupboards are bare and the only real food left in the house at the moment is - you guessed it - lasagna noodles!

6 comments:

Safiya Outlines said...

I think the reason for being so lukewarm about France's win is is that they looked so tired and old.

Is it wrong to think C. Ronaldo lools pretty when he cries?

Alina said...

Yup, Safiya C. Ronaldo does look pretty whenever...:D

Ali, I am down to the list of things to do this week. It's not much and no mattter how much more organized I seem, it is Thursday today and in three days of the plan left will never finish everything:D

sara said...

Hey -- taking time off for yourself to decompress and do something creative and wholesome, like cooking fabulous healthy food, is never a misspent day!

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player. But a great cheater too. He needs to grow up.
I was for France and so thrilled they're going to Berlin.
Safiya, it's normal they look old. Half of them were there in 1998. This is their last World Cup. Zidane is playing his last game against Italy.

Ali, make rice for the next 4 days :D

Ali Ambrosio said...

Hahaha, yes, I think I will make rice for the next few days! Hopefully I won't burn it.

I think C. Ronaldo looks pretty all the time, but in a very particular way, kind of like a perfume model or something.

So for world cup 2010, you all are invited to come stay with me and we'll take a big trip together to South Africa to watch the action up close and personal. How about it?????? :)

Anonymous said...

Make the list of the things you won't be cooking Ali!! ;) Elite and I are already in South Africa for 2010. A get together sounds exciting! :D
But please! No beans, no snails, no pasta, no anything that can bring bad luck :P