Friday, July 07, 2006

Not Fair

This just in: I HATE CONTINENTAL AIRLINES and their bullshit policies.

Apparently you can accrue Continental OnePass miles when traveling on Air France flights, one of the airline's codeshare partners. Great news. I'll earn a bunch of extra miles

However...

You are not eligible to USE your accumulated Continental OnePass miles (of which I already have a ton) for upgrades on Air France flights. In other words, I will be stuck in economy class for the entire 458 hours this trip will take.

This little detail just threw my entire plan into a tailspin. I'm once again considering traveling through Brasil (but not stopping for a visit). At least that way Rico and I could travel together fore part of the trip, and I wouldn't be faced with a 9-hour layover all by myself in Paris. Ugh.

Reconsidering all my plans starting NOW.

5 comments:

paris parfait said...

So sorry to hear of these silly bureaucratic issues that make traveling such a pain! Hope things get resolved soon! Let me know if you do have a nine-hour layover in Paris and can leave the airport for lunch or dinner! :) xo Tara

Ali Ambrosio said...

Tara -

Thanks so much for the offer. Just so happens that I DO have a gargantuan layover in Paris. I will let you know my travel details asap, as I would love to take you up on that offer!!!!!

Kristine said...

That's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Next time read the contract.

Ali Ambrosio said...

Anonymous, are you an employee of Continental Airlines?

Next time you want to get in a dig on my blog, at least own up to your opinion and put your name along with the comment!