Thursday, August 10, 2006

Guess What?


Well, first of all Rrramone was lovely enough to draw this portrait of me and post it on his blog. All I had to do was correctly guess the location of sketch he drew in this contest. The portrait lookes much better over at his site where he has a black background, but I am digging the sketch so much that I just had to put it up here as well. Pay him a visit, he's a talented and terribly funny man.

The other big news is that RICARDO GOT HIS VISA!!!

He went back to the Consulate this morning with the stack of tax declarations, bank statements and work contracts that B. and I pulled together and scanned yesterday. Ricardo said that this interveiw went much better than the first one, and all the guy really wanted to know was the amount of Rico's monthly salary.

I am so pleased and even more relieved. During my morning meditation I visualized the Consulate guy telling Ricardo his visa was granted, the excitement in Rico's voice on the phone calling to tell me the good news, how I would jump around the living room and how I would eventually write about it all on my blog.

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts throughout this process. I am the kind of person that believes it does, in fact, make a difference.

Between the good news about Ricardo's visa and the cool portrait from rrramone, I think I have made myself hoarse today with all this squealing in delight!

12 comments:

paris parfait said...

Fantastic news, Ali! Am so glad the visa was sorted out. Now you two have a wonderful trip to look forward to. And the drawing is terrific!

Kristine said...

You are so cute! I am excited for you and Ricardo! I am so relieved and glad that he got his Visa! I'd prayed that the bad interview was not the end of the story and that something would work out... Sounds like a great day of gratitude!

Ali Ambrosio said...

Yes, it is a great day of gratitude. I just cleaned out my closet and made a pile of clothes to donate to our maid and her family to give back a bit of the blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hot darn and Whoo-hoo. Congratulations. And Atta girl for the passing on blessings. What goes around really does come around - and vice versa.
Kim

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful news!!! hope you will be out celebrating today...

kerry said...

i'm so happy this worked out for you. thank you so much for your generous and caring comment on my blog. i have heard of that website before and am so glad you reminded me of it. you mentioned your morning meditation in this post.. do you meditate daily? it is something i have never tried but have been wondering about lately.. wondering if it could offer some space and healing. i am so eager to hear anything you are willing to offer about your own path, i am intrigued by how far you seem to have come and how much strength you have obviously found through such incredible hardships that you wrote about in your secrets post.

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Kim - Well, I certainly must have put in my licks somewhere because Ricardo getting this visa was nothing short of a miracle.

~Ruby - I did celebrate...by not working after 5pm and having some yummy cookies and cream wafers. For dinner. (They were excellent and I ate them without a trace of guilt, for those of you shooting me concerned looks given all the eating stuff I've shared lately.)

~Kerry - Morning meditation is something I just started about 2.5 weeks ago, the morning after Ricardo left for Brasil. I am loving it, and contrary to what I expected, meditation has become an easy and natural part of my routine. I definitely recommend it!

Mimey said...

And exhale. I'm glad for you both. I hope the trip now goes ahead without any hitches and you have a brilliant time. You've had your trouble and deserve plain sailing from here.

Funny, I've come to think of wanting money as a bad thing, but having it buys more than just stuff, if you know what I mean. The security too. So if he didn't look wealthy and secure he wouldn't be visiting the states? There's democracy in action!

michelle said...

I just came across your blog and it seems like you live such an interesting life...And by interesting, I mean amazing! anyways...congrats about the good visa news..

Willie Baronet said...

Congrats to both of you! That is wonderful news. Was it because of the drawing??? Hmmmmm.... it may have magical powers. :-)

Have a glorious day!

Safiya Outlines said...

A late congratulations and I really like the drawing, it is very you (especially the big grin)!

Narrator said...

Yay!