Friday, May 26, 2006

Anniversary of Africa and of Love

One year ago today I arrived in Mozambique. On the same day, eight hours later, Ricardo and I started our beautiful relationship. Ricardo and I met 5 years ago in Brasil, but my move here was not motivated by a desire to reconnect. In fact, Ricardo and I had totally lost touch with each other, our only communication before my move to Africa consisting of a few e-mails to confirm flight numbers and arrival times. Even though I didn't come to Mozambique to be with Ricardo, I can't imagine being here now without him, without our relationship and the life together that we are creating.

Tonight we will celebrate with dinner at Costa do Sol, the same waterfront restaurant Ricardo took me to for my first meal in Africa. We will eat boiled crabs and king prawns, drink white wine and watch the moon rise over the Indian Ocean just like we did a year ago. Only tonight, instead of sleeping at a friend's apartment and living out of suitcases, we will return to our flat and snuggle up in bed together with our kittens, enjoying the wonderful feeling of being at home with the person you love.


As you can imagine there is quite the story behind this double anniversary, and I look forward to sharing it soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Double Anniversary Ali!!!! All the best :)

paris parfait said...

Beautiful! Congratulations, Ali! Enjoy your special time together. Can't wait to hear more.

sara said...

Congratulations on your double anniversary...I hope you & Ricardo have a lovely, romantic evening. Looking forward to hearing your love story sometime soon.

Safiya Outlines said...

Congratulations, Im looking forward to hearing your story.

Nice watch, by the way!

Anonymous said...

How nice to see such a lovely photo of the two of you. It just shows that often you find true love where and when you least expect it :)

Bart Treuren said...

thank you for posting this wonderful photo again... it captured the essence of much in your life, and the happiness you strive for and can achieve at the right moments...

keep well...