Sunday, May 07, 2006

Gross But True

I never thought kitten poop the consistency of toothpaste would be a sight I'd welcome. But this morning when Parceiro took a trip to the litter box, I almost cried in happiness when his poo came out looking exactly like his sister's. The best part? No blood as far as I can see!!

Looks like the shot of antibiotics yesterday did the trick. We'll go to the vet again today and tomorrow for 2 more doses, and then Parceiro should be all set.

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief that our kitten seems to be okay. I'm so happy, in fact, that I didn't even mind cleaning up a little toothpaste-consistency accident from the corner of the room where Parceiro missed the cat box at 8am. Three days ago I was gagging. This morning I was grinning.

1 comment:

sara said...

I'm watching the Kitten Health Report with bated breath. I know how awful, awful, awful it is to have an ill animal.
Before we moved to Australia, and sent our cats to live with my mom & dad, I took them to a vet for a checkup, and the vet turned out to be a shyster, who tried to tell me they were both in early stages of kidney failure, and needed $400 worth of medicines and new food (each) and that they would probably get sicker and sicker anyway.
(After falling apart emotionally and crying for two days, I took them to another vet.
Two years later, they're fat and happy (and probably don't remember me.) )
But the point of all of this is that I remember how upsetting it was and I understand how scary it is and am keeping your infants in my thoughts & what passes for prayers, for me.