Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Sweet Boys

Last night as I was talking to my dad on Skype, he asked how the boys were doing.

"They're good," I said. "They've grown like weeds and are really happy that I'm home. You should see how affectionate they are. They're the sweetest little kittens."

"Just wait until they knock something over or get into the paper towels again," my dad said. "I want to see how sweet they are then!"

As if determined to fulfill my dad's premonition, this morning Pria took a big ol' stinky crap right in the middle of my bed, then had the courtesy to frisk and scratch the blankets with his/her hind legs to cover up the deed, the way good cats tend to do in a litter box.

Needless to say, it wasn't the way I'd hoped to start off my day. At least I came in the room in time to see Pria pawing at the blankets with a guilty look on his/her face. I shudder to think how this story might have ended up had I not realized there was a present buried under the layers of fleece and cotton just waiting to be discovered.

I am happy to report, however, that the consistency of Pria's act of defiance was semi-solid. Looks like the homemade cat food is doing the trick.

8 comments:

kerry said...

hey ali... your kind words and support mean so much to me, even when they're in blog world. i'm thankful to have a connection with you here.
i have been trying to figure out skype to talk to a friend over in europe right now. i can't seem to download it - do you have any ideas why that may be?

Ali Ambrosio said...

Kerry - I have no idea what might be going on with Skype. I managed to download it off skype.com.

Make sure your security settings or a pop-up blocker aren't interfering with the installation. That's the only thing I can think that might be causing the problems.

Oh, and when you get Skype up and running add me as a contact. I'll e-mail you my info.

Alina said...

Hey Ali, kittens will get such surprises for you at any time :)

I also have Skype, dowloaded and installed it. No working mike...but that's something else...:D

Ali Ambrosio said...

Alina -

Since you've received e-mail from me before, my user name on Skype is:

ali_lastnamefrome-mail

Add me as a contact!

Narrator said...

I think I would've tossed the cat off the balcony right then and there. I'm completely repulsed by poo, which is why I think I'll never be able to have kids. Funny, eh, since I talk about it enough on my blog.

Ali Ambrosio said...

~La Vie - Big time UGH!! I gagged out of control when I found that plop on the bed.

~n.v. - I was also completely repulsed by poo before getting these diahrrea-ridden kittens. It got to the point that they would have so many accidents (not like the one yesterday - that was deliberate) that I just got totally conditioned to seeing/smelling/cleaning up their poo. Good practice for kids, I suppose.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Yeah, I love the semi-guilty look they get.

We have 2 cats at war in the house, the result of which is that one poos in the bathroom sink from time to time when battles rage high. It's like the Civil War there...the thunderous might of the Union (Limbu) against the secessionist rag-tag rebs (Mishu). Much like the Civil War, the Union is gonna crush the Rebs. Also, the Reb is about 8 years older.

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Monkey - It is to avoid such a civil war that the boys are going in for the big "snip" in a few months.