Friday, September 29, 2006

I've Got Mail!

I knew it was you!!

I just had a feeling in my gut that it was Telfair from Six Ten Pine that had sent me the mystery package from Australia. She retired from blogging at the same time she and her husband left Australia to move back to the States, but thankfully she's resurfaced over at Secondhand Gods.

Telfair is a brilliant, funny writer and a talented knitter to boot. In her package she sent me several balls of beautiful soft yarn, not to mention 2 boxes of Tazo Chai tea! I must admit I was surprised to see how my virtual friend had picked up on my favorite things.

As you can see I wasn't the only one excited about getting mail. Parceiro dutifully checked out the box and its contents, and after about 10 minutes of sniffing and pawing decided he was satisfied.

Pria, on the other hand, was not a pacifist like her brother. She hopped right in the middle of the package and started attacking a spool of fuzzy purple wool. I had to literally remove the yarn from her clenched jaws and scrabbling paws, as she managed to cling to it even as I lifted her out of the cardboard box.


I am so excited about using all this pretty yarn. Good thing my step-mom taught me how to crochet during my trip back home. I now know how to make about half of a really cool hair wrap headband thingy. I must e-mail her, though, to get an explanation for the remaining part of the pattern. Unfortunately I had to leave the country before I was able to finish my first attempt at a headband, so I now have 2 half-finished pieces lying around the house.

Telfair - thank you so much. You have no idea how this made my day. Heck, it made my year as far as care packages go. Please tell me how you sent this package - was it priority mail? Did it have a tracking number associated with it? I suspect that the reason my mom's package (and all of the other letters/postcards people have sent, for that matter) never arrived is because they weren't "important" enough. That is, they weren't associated with a tracking number that someone could theoretically trace and then lodge a complaint if the package/letter disappeared.

Whatever miracle allowed me to get mail, I am super grateful. Now if only I could manage to send things out of the country via regular post I would be completely satisfied...

4 comments:

Alina said...

You've got a great gift there :) No wonder your little kittens, well one of them, don't really want to let go of it! :)

sara said...

I'm so glad you got it!! I sent it so long ago, I'd almost given up hope that it would find its way to you.
I don't remember how I sent it -- just by sea, not even airmail, I think -- maybe the difference is that I sent it from Australia? Maybe it's easier for packages from Australia to get there.
Anyway, I'm so happy you received it and that the cats enjoyed it too!

:)

Marcia Francois said...

Definitely ALWAYS send it so that you get a tracking number. Although the postal system down here is a lot better than it has been.

Ali Ambrosio said...

Now that I've received one package and know it's possible, I want to receive more! And who knows, maybe I can even send one...

Wild possibilities.