Tuesday, July 26, 2005

You mean I get to go to Zimbabwe again?!?

Merdalina. Just talked to Ricardo on the phone and he is still in São Paulo. All SAA flights have been cancelled, and they are trying to reroute him on a British Airways flight to Harare through London.

Harare is 5 hours away by car. I have no idea how Ricardo is going to get back to Chimoio. The most likely scenario would be for me to drive to Zimbabwe and pick him up...But we don't have a vehicle and the car rental guy wants to charge double the amount he originally quoted to go to Beira. I would also have to register the car and get yet another visa. To fly from Harare to anywhere in Mozambique is ridiculously expensive. Ricardo's ticket from Maputo to Beira is nonrefundable and can't be changed. Merda. Merda. Merda.

I'm at the point where all I can do is laugh at our unbelievably poor luck...

1 comment:

Bart Treuren said...

oh dear, you are really riding the roller coaster at the moment...
i don't envy the amount of stress you need to put up with at the moment...

good luck and keep well...