Thursday, July 07, 2005

Technology!!!

Sweet Jesus, we now have internet at home!!!!!! I shudder to think what the phone bill will be for our household of e-mail and messenger addicts.

I've been working out of our living room for the past week because Agrolink moved into a new office and we have no furniture yet. I have totally occupied the only large table in our house with my laptop, stacks of papers, and empty coffee mugs. Work has totally overrun my life, especially now that Ricardo is in Brazil for a month and I am responsible for fundraising, proposal writing, and all of the administrative aspects of the business. I'm literally in front of the computer from 9am to midnight! Now that I have the internet at my fingertips, this is bound to go from bad to worse.

In other news, Capitu, one of our three rhodesian ridebacks, is in heat. All of the dogs in the neighborhood are going nuts, barking long into the night and trying to find a way through the iron gate in front of the house. Paulo, our boy dog, is feeling like the king of the hill these days since he has Capitu all to himself. The other day he and Capitu were going at it and got "stuck" together. We had to throw bucket after bucket of cold water on the two dogs to get them to separate. I'm already imagining what life will be like with 5 flatmates, 3 adult dogs, and lots of little puppies!!!

No comments: