Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You've Got to Be Kidding...

So today I received a fabulous piece of news...just what I needed to lessen my stress and ease my workload.

Agrolink is being audited. I think it's our accountant that set us up. I had a total Enron moment this afternoon stuffing as many files as possible in my briefcase to take home and dissect.

This came on the heels of a 3 hour stint at the notary's this afternoon, where the Senhor Conservador hit on me nonstop in front of our client as we were trying to get some contracts authenticated. Niiiiice. Nothing like suggestive comments from the head notary, someone you are required to treat with a certain level of obsequiousness in order to get anything accomplished in the business world of Chimoio.

What a day, what a day.

1 comment:

Bart Treuren said...

haha... welcome to the wonderful world of power politics... your life will never be the same again...

i'll spare you the cynical deviations here, just hope you're managing to keep on top of things for the time being... keep well...