Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I love you, Prevention!

My staff threw me a surprise going away party today at work. I could tell something was up when people kept peeking in my door and inventing nonsense conversations to keep me at my desk. But I never imagined that everyone was waiting for me in the conference room with roses, South African wine, sushi, and a delicious cake.

I tried to capture nearly two years in a five minute speech. Working in HIV Prevention has been one of the most valuable experiences of my life, and I have met such wonderful people in the process. I think back to where we started with the program, how many obstacles were in place - both personal and professional - and am unbelievably proud that we somehow overcame everything and created not only a strong team, but beautiful friendships along the way.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out my office and shredding old files. Everything still seems so normal - my phone still rings, my inbox is still full, people still come down the hall to ask if I want catfish or enchiladas for lunch. It still hasn't really hit me that tomorrow is my last day at The Wright House.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! Vc merece tum tum tum!!
Cara, semana que vem tem que ser de arromba pra vc nao esquecer nunca mais da gente nem de Austin!!
To dentro pra todas as comemorações e eventos!! ahahhahaha
Beijoss