Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Too Much.

I am tired and overwhelmed. It feels as if I am in the midst of finals week at school or something, only I don't have a hall full of classmates to complain to and spend late nights with cramming and eating dry cereal out of a box.

I have a friend in need of a shoulder (or as she put it, a couch psychologist and a glass of wine) who is coming over in 30 minutes.

I have a fundraising proposal to finish for tomorrow.

I have a meeting with my future boss tomorrow to discuss the particulars of my apprenticeship (i.e. he will make me a salary proposal and I can only hope to God that it is halfway decent because I really, really don't want to have to get into negotiations with this man).

I have a jewelry collection to complete and launch for Thursday. That means produce some new pieces, sit for hours in front of my super Excel spreadsheet and calculate retail/consignment prices, run back and forth from the gráfica to get more business cards and tags printed, train the girl who will be working the shop at the Franco Moçambicano. Phew!

I have two commissioned jewelry pieces to do in the next few days.

I have the last tail end of spring cleaning to finish, but this can wait for the weekend.

And, last but not least, I have to go to the bloody gym! I haven't been since Rico was here in Maputo and I can feel the effect on my body and mind. Food has somehow become the enemy again in the last couple of weeks and, while I have faith that these eating cycles come and go, and that I will certainly snap out of it at some point, it sucks to feel obsessive about food and weight again, even if in proportions that are nothing like my full-blown eating disorder days. It's sobering to realize that food issues are with me for life, and that eating is the first thing I turn to when feeling a lot of stress.

Sigh.

All I really want to do is take a nap.

Even just listing this is making me tired!

5 comments:

Lacithecat said...

Ali!

(((hug)))

It will be fine. I know it will. But wow, can you put off something off until next Monday? That is all shear madness.

Thinking of you


x

Unknown said...

Hang in there!
You might need to take a nap or treat yourself in some way to simply break up the stress... Maybe the trip to the gym will help this way.

Lea-chan said...

When I feel overwhelmed with many different tasks to complete in a short amount of time, I find that it helps to close my eyes and picture myself with my very own cape and superhero theme song. And with that amount of stuff to to this week, you definitely deserve a cape and some music to distinguish you as the superhuman that you are!

&^-^&

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, it looks like in what business is concerned, you are not doing a lot better than I am :)

As for the wine and therapy, if it goes well, can you also do it for me? Or even better, start a business :)

You are strong enough to go through all of these and in a grand way. I have no doubt it will all be a lot better in a few days :)

Safiya Outlines said...

Everyone else has already given excellent advice, especially the naps and hugs.

You will get through this, from what I know of you, you do wonderfully in these situations. :)