Tuesday, September 25, 2007

...

I've got some personal stuff to sort out over the next few days and will consequently be away from the blog. This is a public space, and I tend to be quite open about what goes through my mind, but certain experiences and struggles I need to keep for myself and those immediately involved.

I am likely going out of town for a bit, that is if I can manage to get my passport back from the immigration office where they have been "processing" my residency permit for the last 2 months. Sigh.

Things are okay, in the sense that for as terribly painful as my present situation may feel, I do see multiple silver linings to be gained from the process of working through it all. There is just a lot to sort out between here and there...

13 comments:

Amber said...

Take care of you, friend.

:)

Anonymous said...

I do hope you can make the best of those silver linings...thinking of you and hoping all is going to better soon...

Anonymous said...

As we say in one of our 11 official languages over here: "Sterkte".

In English: "I wish you strength"

Safiya Outlines said...

I hope everything is ok. If you need anything, I may be thousands of miles away, but insha Allah I will do what I can to help.

You're in my prayers :)

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Take care of yourself.

--jenna said...

...i'm praying for you in this very moment. may you get a few days away, somewhere peaceful and green, where you can relax and process and be fed comforting food...maybe some strong, friendly hugs as well. i so admire your indomitable spirit and desire to use even the most unpleasant experiences as a stepping stone to a better future...

com carinho e saudades!!!

Lea-chan said...

you'll be in my thoughts, hang in there!

abby - the geek girl said...

I definitely know how that feels... I am sure you will find the silver lining. Take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon :)

Ali Ambrosio said...

Thanks, everyone. You all are very, very kind.

I have made it to Rio, despite all odds being against me being able to travel.

Am working on the things I need to work on...feel much better than a few days ago.

Back soon with more!

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Take care sweet friend.

Alessandra Cave said...

Take care and good luck, Ali. Sending you sparklingly energy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, I'm just stopping by to check on you :) Hope everything is ok at your end and good luck with everything.

African Kelli said...

You are in my thoughts Ali! I hope all is well.