Monday, October 02, 2006

Send a Good Thought...

my Dad's way today. He is having some pretty massive dental surgery right about now if my time zone calculation is correct.

So send a supportive thought, a prayer, a healing vibe - whatever it is will certainly be appreciated. And when you're finished, go floss your teeth.

Like my dentist in California told me a couple weeks ago while I sat in his chair, "You only need to floss the teeth you intend to keep." Yikes!

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Dad.

7 comments:

claireylove said...

shockingly scary advice!
hope your dad has a speedy recovery :-)

Annie Jeffries said...

Sending good thoughts your dads way. Dental surgery is no fun.

Masood Ahmed said...

To your Dad:
Get well soon and have a speedy recovery!!!

Ali Ambrosio said...

~bb - I know! My dentist said that and I've been on the flossing train religiously ever since. Not that I wasn't before, but I'm trying to be more dilligent and do the daily thing.

~annieelf - Thanks, I know he appreciates it.

~masd - I spoke with him yesterday on the phone and he was able to mumble a bit. All things considered I think it's a good start.

Alina said...

All the best to your Dad! And keep on flossing people :)

paris parfait said...

Hope he´s feeling better soon!

Ali Ambrosio said...

Just to update you, my dad is doing really well. I was able to speak with him both the day of the surgery and yesterday and he shocked me by being able to talk on the phone!

He sounds upbeat and by all accounts the surgery was a success.

Thanks for your good thoughts. He appreciates them, too.