Thursday, October 04, 2007

Shift in Seasons

I just wrote a giant, lyrical post and now it is gone.

Amazingly, it's not blogger's fault, it's that of my stupid fucking computer. My left mouse button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working. When I click, it either has the function of the right button or it does nothing at all. Paranoid me, I have the habit of always selecting all of the text in a post and hitting [control+c] just in case something goes wrong during the publishing process. So after writing this giant post just now, I went through my usual thing of selecting and trying to copy the text. But since my mouse button is shot to shit, instead of backing up my writing, I managed to erase the whole damn thing.

I am very, very frustrated. But this is a good lesson, once again, of the importance of just letting go.

To sum it up:

The rains have come to Maputo. Sticky, sweltering summer is just around the corner.

I start my new job tomorrow. I am excited.

I am doing well, and thank you all who have e-mailed, etc. for your concern. I think what I am going through is quite normal for someone who is getting ready to make a major life decision.

It was much more eloquent the first time around...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There should be a setting in Control Panel that determines how those touch pad buttons work. That COULD be the problem...or not. Worth a try.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Have you tried "control+z" to go backwards?

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Dad - Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this is just a plain, old-fashioned defect. I'm going to have to take the computer to technical assistance when I'm in NM in December. I think it's still under warranty.

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Jo Ann V. - Mmmm. Good idea. Too bad the super smart new version of blogger had already auto-saved my post with nothing in it! There was no going back... Next time I will immediately try this, though.

Lacithecat said...

Ali - I am glad things are moving forward with some exciting developments. I was glad to get your email and I look forward to hearing about the job goes!!

I have a colleague in Maputo right now, but I wasn't too sure where you were. He is Brazilian and is united our different operations there (and staying ... gasp ... in the Avienda!)

Anyway, he will be back down in a month or so and if you are up for some new entertainment - let me know!

Smile ...

Lacithecat said...

Damnit ... I just wrote my longest comment and it died?! How ironic is that!

The gist was I am happy that its all moving forward and I look forward to hearing about how the job goes.

BTW - one of my colleagues in Maputo right now (staying at the Avienda ... can you believe that ... a charity!) and will be there for longer in November. If you are up for some entertainment - let me know. He is lovely Brazilian. Smile ...

Masood Ahmed said...

You are back in Maputo and starting your new job...best of luck.

JP (mom) said...

"a good lesson, once again, of the importance of just letting go" ...so true, Ali. Keep breathing! Peace & love, JP/deb