I was going to tell you about the second round of police adventures we had this weekend (thankfully no shots fired), and about our trip to Nelspruit, and about the fact that Rico leaves tomorrow, but that will involve a semi-long blog post. Right now I have to finish a proposal for a client. However, as I love a good procrastinating spell, I couldn't pass up this meme tag from Karen.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
1. I read celebrity gossip every single day. My favorite is Perez Hilton. Before moving to Mozambique, I never used to read celebrity dirt on the internet or buy gossip magazines. Now it's an addictive habit, one that I'm not sure how to explain. Perhaps because the celebrity world is so far-removed from my own reality here that it's a surefire way for me to zone out and relax. Plus, who doesn't love a good scandal?
2. I am very picky about sharing drinks and utensils with people, even Rico and my family. If someone takes a slurp out of my coke, or takes a bite out of my sandwich, I find it very hard to keep eating/drinking. I kiss these people without a problem, but the idea of foreign saliva on something I'm consuming is slightly repulsive.
3. I've talked about my closet before. It's color-coordinated, with the clothes organized by season within each category. My shoes are organized by style. My necklaces hang on the closet door, also organized by color. I hate when someone messes with my closet!
4. I am not usually a lucky person when it comes to winning lotteries and raffles. I did win big once, though, when I was 10 years old. We had a raffle at my school and I won a flying lesson. I got to go up in a little plane and act as "co-pilot". With the help of my friend's dad (the main pilot), I flew over our house, the school and other landmarks in Albuquerque. It was very cool, but I guess used up all of my lottery karma.
5. I love colored walls. Every single place I've lived where I've had the ability to paint the walls, I've gone for it. I like really bright colors, not some washed-out safe pastels. There is a giant red wall in our living room in Rio, the kitchen is bright yellow, and the wall in the entryway is an orange/ochre color. Here in Maputo, our living room wall is a terracotta/pink color, and we have plans to paint our bedroom wall the color of coffee with milk.
6. I am obsessed with a certain smell that I find addictive, but that I recognize is actually pretty gross. I have 6 piercings in my ears, and always wear little studs in them. I also used to have a belly ring (it fell out last year, but the hole is still open). I love to take out my earrings and smell them. Strange, I know, but there is this vinegar-y stench that comes off the silver posts that I find irresistible. If I take an earring or a pin and put it through the hole above my navel, then take it out and get a whiff, the smell is the same as from my ears.
7. I love going to the beach, but am really bothered by having sand on my body. I tend to get coated in sand (like a bife à milanesa) because of my hyperhydrosis, in particular on my hands and feet. It drives me crazy.
8. I laugh in my sleep. According to my mom, I have done this since I was a little girl. It only happens on occasion, but sometimes I laugh so hard that I wake myself (and others!) up in the middle of the night. I seldom remember what makes me laugh, but it is always a lot of fun in the moment.
So now, for the tagging bit: