I'd like to look back at this one year from now and see that I managed to accomplish most of these objectives.
1. Contribute $xxxx per month to savings, so that I am on track to having the equivalent of 3 month's salary available by October 2009.
2. Contribute $2,000 to IRA by December 2008. Self-employment in a foreign country = no reliable pension fund unless I create one myself.
3. Visit Kruger Park. It's 2 hours away, and we've yet to go.
4. Visit Ilha de Moçambique. One of my dreams is to sift through the sand and find some of the trade beads I use so often in my jewelry.
5. Take a proper holiday to celebrate our 1-year wedding anniversary. Plan ahead, book tickets, hotel rooms, etc.
6. Maintain my health and fitness level so that my wedding dress still fits on our anniversary. Try it on and enjoy the memories!
7. Submit a piece of my writing for publication.
8. Donate at least $200 to an animal shelter.
9. Send the thank-you notes for our wedding by November 2008.
10. Legally change my name on all pertinent documents by November 2008. This will be a bit of a nightmare, but I must make the effort.
11. Remodel the kitchen in our flat. At the very least, change the cabinets.
12. Paint all the walls in our flat. We've already done the living room, and it made a giant difference. Totally worth the effort.
13. Learn how to parallel park in a right-hand-drive car. I can't really do it well with the wheel on the other side either, but not knowing how to properly park causes me daily stress.
Perhaps I will add to this list with time, but these are the big ones that come to mind at the moment.