Monday, August 22, 2005

Let the Craziness Begin!

So after a week of downtime, I am back on the job. The next project in line for me is a proposal to the European Community to strengthen microfinance in rural areas of Mozambique. I'm looking at another crazy month of work ahead of me, but at least I will have a change of scenery. Ricardo and I are going to be in Maputo for most of September - he will be working on a reforesting project, and I will be meeting with a credit union based in the capital. I am sooooo ready to get out of Chimoio for a while. The lack of options and small-town mentality here are really starting to get to me. I realized today that I haven't left our cozy little house in 4 entire days. Just me and the housemates and the dogs...day in, day out. I am staring to go slightly crazy!

Today was a lovely, cloudy day, a welcome relief from the wave of heat we've had lately. The best part was a quick noon rain that made the scent of the mango blossoms in the front yard waft through the living room window and perfume my entire afternoon!

And on a final note, how supremely annoying that someone is spamming my blog. I have dilligently erased all of the bogus comments and, hopefully, this will not happen again. I prefer to believe that the spam will come in waves, all at once on one post, rather than a constant trickle on all of them.

No comments: