Saturday, October 30, 2010

Boutique Love

Chalcedony, amethyst, swarovski coral pearl and sterling silver necklace. There are matching earrings, but blogger doesn't seem to want me to upload the photo...

Today was somewhat of a milestone in my jewelry career, albeit a quiet one. I made my first wholesale sale* to a lovely shop near Casa Cali that has a very global, high-end import vibe. The owner selected a few pieces from my Imaginarium collection and placed an order for a necklace and matching earrings from my line of floral chain-maille jewelry.

Hopefully this is the first of many such sales. :)

* Wholesale, as in an outright purchase of my jewelry for resale in the shop (as opposed to consignment, where you receive a percentage of the sale when (if) the piece sells). I'm not doing wholesale, as in mass production.

5 comments:

Kathrin said...

That is fantastic, Ali. Congrats!

--jenna said...

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so great :) Parabéns!

Anonymous said...

Superb! What an awesome feeling. Your work is really beautiful, though.

Ali Ambrosio said...

Thanks, everyone!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fairly regular, but occasional reader of your blog who has only now just de-lurked. Funny you should mention the southern africa connection - that's why I started reading. And I stayed when I saw the brasilian connection: I went on exchange to Santos in 1998 :)