Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roses Trump Paper

Our 1-year wedding anniversary is coming up on July 5th (side note: where the hell did the first half of 2009 go?), and to celebrate Rico and I have decided to take a weekend trip to the Summerfields River Lodge & Rose Spa near Hazyview in Mpumalanga, South Africa. Sounds divine, no?

If a weekend of therapeutic baths, massages, leisurely walks through rose and macadamia plantations, delicious food and wine, and the stellar company of my husband doesn't make me feel rested and content, I honestly don't know what will.

We're foregoing the paper-themed first anniversary gift and instead going with a bit of luxury. Although I'm sure we could find some handmade paper with rose petals at some point during our trip and bring it full circle. I'm thinking Casterbridge in White River would be a good candidate.

No comments: