Thursday, June 04, 2009

Forward Motion

Uff, my workload these days has been unforgiving! It's not totally overwhelming yet, but definitely close to the threshold of what I enjoy taking on.

Blogging keeps getting bumped to the back burner (aka "I'll do it on the weekend") along with the treadmill, proper grocery shopping, and coffee/drinks with several new acquaintances.

I'm not complaining, though. I'm grateful for the work in all its versions - jewelry fairs, jewelry classes, maize mills project, proposal writing, translating - because each hour worked is a step closer to what feels right. Moving forward, making and saving money, enjoying the space in which you're not quite sure what comes next.

I've also had time for small leisure moments, despite the busy schedule. I've cooked quite a bit (stewed chicken in homemade tomato veg sauce, apple crumble), hung out with friends and had indian takeaway and wine, hung out with super girlfriends and sketched in preparation for my application to art school (I've been super keen on finding sketching partners these days, as I want to learn as much as possible on how people draw), watched some trash on TV and even done a Pilates class.

It's nice that Rico is in the same rhythm at the moment work-wise. We often sit across from each other at the living room table with a glass of wine so that, even though we are both working on a deadline, we can enjoy the other person's company. It's sweet, and brings back the good old Chimoio days when we'd sit in plastic lawn chairs in an under-furnished room and knock out fundraising proposals.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully it will be restful, but even if its not, at least it will be fun. That is one element certainly not lacking in my life these days.

No comments: