A few random notes:
1. I am now a confident driver on the "other side". I am loving the CRV, and loving even more the independence having a car provides. I still need some serious work on parking, however, especialy parallel parking. Just thinking about it makes me nervous.
2. My mom arrives tomorrow for a 6-day visit. I can't wait! It will be her first time in Mozambique. We had hoped to take her to Kruger, but since it is Easter Weekend, we've decided against it. You couldn't pay me to cross the border over the holiday, as it is one of the peak traffic periods and we don't have the luxury of cutting through to the VIP line as we don't have diplomatic status. Sorry, mom. If you want to see big animals, I suppose you'll just have to come back for another visit!
3. Pequena has found a new home! My old colleagues June and JR came over yesterday for lunch, and they decided to take the kitten back with them to the farm. I think it will be perfect, as Pequena is very energetic and will enjoy running around outdoors, and she seemed to really like June and JR. I actually miss the little one. Over the past week, she and I had bonded...
4. The Lura concert on Friday was off the hook! I've never seen so many people at Coconuts - every square inch was packed with people. The music was amazing, Lura was beautiful on stage, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. There was one disappointing moment, when Jenny and I were the brunt of some stupid racial comments while trying to make our way through the crowd, but I can honestly say that it is the exception and not the norm here in Mozambique. Nonetheless, it made me really angry, and I only managed to stop thinking about the comments when the concert ended and the nightclub music started... Dancing is always a great way to clear one's mind and renew one's energy.
5. I am still super tired. Not surprising, given the rhythm of the past few days.