Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Meme to the Rescue

It's all I can manage tonight, between 2 projects I must work on and my NaNoWriMo manuscript-in-the-making that desperately needs attending to (word count much lower that it should be, statistically speaking)...

Meme swiped from the lovely Paris Parfait.

a) Four jobs I have had in my life:
Director of an HIV/AIDS Prevention Program
Waitress (after I'd finished my MBA, interestingly enough)
Marketing Associate
ESL Teacher (surprise, surprise for an expat to have been an English teacher at some point)

b) Four movies I would watch over and over again:
The Motorcycle Diaries
The English Patient
Say Anything
The Constant Gardener

c) Four places I have lived:
Austin, Texas
Rio de Janeiro
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Chimoio, Mozambique

d) Four TV shows I like to watch:
Venus and Apollo
24
Mythbusters
Antiques Roadshow

e) Four places I have visited:
Croatia
Zimbabwe
Cuba
Tahiti

f) Four websites I visit daily: (sorry, not plugging blogs tonight...)
Perez Hilton (I've become addicted to gossip since moving to Africa.)
Go Fug Yourself
All Africa Mozambique
O Globo (news from Brasil)

g) Four places I would like to be right now:
The house of either of my parents (New Mexico or California)
The Casa Rosa, where Rico currently is staying (Rio de Janeiro)
Seba Camp on safari in Botswana
On the beach collecting seashells

h) Four of my favorite foods:
Green chile chicken enchiladas
Marzipan
Gnocchi
Figs

i) Four bloggers I'd like to respond:
Self select, my friends. I'd love to hear from all of you.

13 comments:

alphawoman said...

I love beginnings of relationships, the part of getting to know each other. I adore your answers.

Alina said...

Great answers as always. Will give the meme a try if I have some time for it.

Amber said...

I like when you do meme's. Learn more about Always Interesting Ali. ;)

:)

theodysseia said...

Hey blondie,
I am glad you are ok.

yellowspacesheep will be closing. I have already been using for quite a long time now my new one gayemigrant.blogspot.com..... Love you lots
many kisses

Mimey said...

I need a little something braindead today. Thank you! And great to get a little more of the picture of you, of course.

Lacithecat said...

Ah how much fun! I am back ... exhausted. Will touch base with you this weekend, and I am working most of it. Great ..

Bilal said...

thats really interesting and refreshing- will try it out when i get time:)

Michelle said...

I'd love to hear about your Cuba trip sometime. How did you get in?

Motorcycle Diaries was great.

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Ali

Okay, I've done your meme. I don't know how to make the link active but here it is http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com/2006/11/fridays-meme.html

paris parfait said...

Thanks for doing this Ali! Fascinating answers, as always. And how I love green chile chicken enchiladas! xo

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Alphawoman - It is a fun phase, I agree. And a meme is always a great way to make it efficient.

~Alina - Thanks. I liked your answers, too. I'm behind on your blog in comments but am still reading as always.

~Amber - Always Interesting is somehow along the same lines of La Loca, yet much, much more stable and grown up-sounding. :)

~TheOdysseia - I am LOVING your new blog!!!

~Jemima - What an amazing thing, ME passing YOU a meme. Usually it's the other way around...

~La Vie - I know - yum! Do you still eat enchiladas now that you are veggie/vegan?

~Laci - glad your trip went well. We are having a drink tomorrow (Sat) with the girls, I will give you a call and see if you are up for it.

~Bilal - I'd love to hear your answers.

~Michelle - I went to Cuba twice. The first time my mom and I just, well, went. I wont go into details lest the State Department be spying on my blog. :)

The second time I went 100% legally even as an American citizen. I was with an organization called The Cuba AIDS Project doing public health work. I took a charter flight and had a visa and everything.

If you are interested, I can put you in touch with the 2 organizations that are owned by friends/colleagues. They are not tourism operators, but if you fall under certain professional requirements (one of the being a spanish speaker and therefore potential translator) you are eligible for a visa for a 10-day visit.

~Marcia - I'm on my way to check out your answers now. Glad to have you back!

~Paris Parfait - Thanks, and thanks for the inspiration on your blog.

JP (mom) said...

I just did this meme too after picking it up on Tara's site!! Interesting answers. You and I both like "Say Anything" ...I'm such a John Cusack fan & this one is such a sweet coming of age film.
Hope your weekend is going well, Ali. much peace & love, JP

Willie Baronet said...

I know if you would have been plugging blogs, I would have made the list. At least that is the story I tell myself. :-) Love your list, and the places our lists cross, like The English Patient and Cuba among others.

Missing Africa.