Saturday, October 22, 2005

Too Hot (Lazy?) to Write

Is it writer's block? Am I burt out from working 18-hour days and pulling an all-nighter on Monday to get the microfinance proposal finished? Is it sheer laziness? Or has the ridiculously hot weather here in Chimoio finally cooked my my brains and wiped out any capacity for writing?

Whatever the reason, the thought of sitting down to write a blog entry has been overwhelming lately. In my idle hours here, sitting with my sweaty back and legs stuck to the fake leather couch, I compose fabulous narratives in my mind. I create each sentence just like I'd want it to appear on paper, laughing alone at the funny stories I have stored away and can't quite seem to tell.

My aversion to the blog has resulted in at least one positive outcome - I've finally started to catch up on my personal e-mails. The old inbox was three pages long this morning, and I've managed to whittle it down to *only* one.

1 comment:

Bart Treuren said...

the compromise between the personal and the public... such a dilemma...

yes, blogs are fun, interesting, diverting, scintillating and thoroughly exciting but yet, the input from a personal sphere, from someone you know, trust and can value is worth so much more because of the underlying values and knowledge...

just my take, hope it helps... and keep well, sincerely...