Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm on Vacation, I Swear

Doesn't seem like it, though. All I've done since arriving back in San Francisco is work, work, work. So much for a relaxing trip where I'd get to lounge by the pool, party with friends, and shop in the city. Other than the occasional trip out to get a latte and bagel or some sushi, all I've done here is work, stock up on essential supplies for Africa, and be prodded at by doctors and dentists. Not much fun, although it's definitely been worth it to see my mom and Azul, and talk to friends and family on the phone.

This latest proposal has me super stressed out. I've been waking up every day at 5am to work on it, which even though I have jet-lag on my side is a feat that goes totally against my nature. I have to finish everything before I leave on Wednesday, as I am supposed to meet with the microfinance client the same day I arrive in Maputo, and I still have tons spreadsheets to tool with and descriptions of program activities to write. I'm even toying with the idea of buying a spare battery for my laptop so I can get in 5 hours work on the plane instead of the mere 2 that my current battery can handle.

Just as I started to develop a true hate for all things tea-related towards the end of my last proposal, I am at the point now where I can't stand to read anything more about rural microfinance in Africa!!!!!!

No comments: