Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wire and Hammer Techniques

Two of the jewelry classes I've recently taken focused on contemporary wire-work techniques and how to make hammered metal components. I loved both classes and have been working on several pieces that incorporate the new skills I've learned. Here are a couple of examples, now available at Alexandra Amaro, my etsy site.

Hammered silver 4-leaf clover components with black onyx briolettes and jet swarovski crystal accents.

Caged amethyst rondelles with handmade hill tribes silver bicones and iolite detail.

Hammered hand-formed silver swirls with teardrop freshwater pearls.

Check back soon - I'm working on a mother of a necklace that uses several wire-work techniques. It has blue lace agate and pearls, and lots of silver coils and handmade chain links. Hopefully it will be finished before I leave California...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, such lovely pieces -- I couldn't resist sending my jewelry-loving friends the link to your Etsy shop!

JP (mom) said...

You *are* an artist! Beautiful work, Ali! xx, JP

Anonymous said...

those fresh water pearls on swirled metal are truly wicked and beautiful.

Lacithecat said...

Oh lovely! I can just envision the necklance. Really happy for you that you are developing and defining your creative ability.

Susannah Conway said...

gosh, i really have been out of the bloggie loop haven't i! YAY YOU - your store is fabulous and i have my eye on a couple of pieces already :-) x

Alina said...

Amazing, as always! I am sure your online store will be a big hit, given the new updates :)

paris parfait said...

These are so beautiful, Ali! Glad you're enjoying this break to encourage your creativity.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

these are so fantastic! i have been looking at your site and just loving all the designs...

Kristine said...

These are beautiful! I love the first pair!

Amber said...

Mmmm, I really like the top ones a lot!

I wear my ring all the time. :)

:)