Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Next Step

A brilliant idea occurred to me yesterday. I am going to apply for a Fulbright Grant for research in Mozambique. Several friends of mine have been awarded Fulbright grants for lecturing and research in Korea, Brazil, and Chile. The idea that I might also apply just never crossed my mind...

Until now.

The deadline is August 1st, and I already have an idea of what I'd like to propose as a research project. I will be applying in the Business Administration category, and would like to focus on the role that venture capital and other forms of investment can play in sustainable development of the private sector in Mozambique.

I will begin to prepare the application material next week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

sara said...

Wow -- that's a great idea. I can't imagine that they wouldn't receive your proposal with overwhelming encouragement and acceptance.

I think the work you do in Mozambique is really admirable -- good luck!

Alina said...

Good luck with your application, Ali! I am sure that you will get it if you set your mind to it! :)