Friday, August 17, 2007

Working Life

Remember this opportunity I was so excited about last week?

I just talked on the phone (about an unrelated subject) with the person who made me the informal offer, and he asked if I was still interested in working with him. Yes, I most certainly am!!

This is the type of opportunity that I believe will not materialize tomorrow, but perhaps for the new year. At least it gives me something to look forward to.

In other work-related news, the consulting firm still hasn't responded to the counter-proposal I sent them on Monday. Yesterday, at least, they acknowledged that they recieved my e-mail, and promised to respond by today at the latest. It's still relatively early here, so we'll see if they keep their word.

In the meantime, I'm off to the gym for a workout and possibly a little time at the pool just because it's a beautiful Friday and I don't feel like being inside at the computer anymore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, enjoy your day out, Ali! As for the work part, I hope it all turns out for the best. You deserve it more than most :)

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Alina - Thanks, you are very sweet to say that. :)

Lacithecat said...

Have a lovely day my dear. I am sitting in my courtyard just writing (or at least trying to).

Smile ...

Mike Hu said...

More often than not, things don't work out (with people) -- but that shouldn't stop you from finding those people and opportunities that do work out well for you. That's what your whole life is about -- rather than "happiness forever after" after you get the proper certifications and degrees, as you might have been taught in school -- if you followed their directives without deviation.

Obviously, the world doesn't work the way they taught you -- but what do they know, having been afraid to leave the schools and find out anything for themselves? So that is what you are doing -- and reporting to us, the good, the bad and the ugly.

You don't have to like everybody, and the best thing you can do, is to trust your own judgment rather than letting others do your thinking for you -- even if they're just "joking" every time the bullet comes perilously close to your head.