Saturday, April 21, 2007

Back in My Heart-Home

Edited: I got Jenna´s blog address wrong on the the link the first time. Now it is fixed, so you can get to know her and her amazing work. I´m suddenly sad that I´m not going to be here, between the casa rosa and meeting such a cool friend...but we will come back, when the time is right.

I am back in Rio after an uneventful trip over from Maputo (uneventful = good), the highlight of which was a night at Marcia´s house in Joburg.

I have enjoyed two nights in the Casa Rosa, rediscovering all of the little details that I love about the house, making a mental list of all the things that eventually will need our attention. The house needs some work, that is for sure, but overall it looks great and still retains the magic that made me fall in love with the pink house 6 years ago.

I met a blog friend yesterday, Jenna, who is lovely and is doing some amazing work here in Rio. We had a great day antique shopping in Lapa, followed by a natural lunch in Santa Teresa and a late afternoon sit at the beach.

Today I´m at Rico´s mom´s house, hanging out with her, Rico´s grandma and Beth, the woman who looks after the casa rosa. I am about to show them photos from our life in Moz.

Hope you are well. I´m off to the US on Wednesday and likely will not get a chance to post before then.

7 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Hello there~

Dion says to me on Thursday evening (our time). Did you check Ali's blog to see if she's safely in Rio? *gasp* This from my non-blogging husband!

So I calculated and you would have been rushing across the city anc checking in for your flight to Rio.

But glad you are safe and enjoying your time there! Have a wonderful week. And a tip for all your meetings - spreadsheets!

Safiya Outlines said...

Glad you both had a safe trip, take care and have fun! :)

sara said...

Wow -- I hope you have a wonderful trip! Enjoy your family & friends, and your heart-home, and come back to blogging safely.

Alina said...

Gald you've had a safe trip, Ali. Have fun in Rio and have a safe flight to the States :)

Willie Baronet said...

Travel safe! And welcome back to the US. :-)

Adrian said...

Hi! Thank you for that post. I found your blog while I was doing research on live help and live support software.
I see you are enjoying your google blogger :) Well, I think it's great that Google are making such good products like Blogger here, but also Picasa and other Google Apps. They have a great impact on what happens in the internet. I also wanted to tell you that it would be awesome if you would find a little time to visit my web site, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you are looking for live chat solution for your web site? If yes, please try LIVECHAT Contact Center. Using this application will help you maximizing online conversion, increase sales and customer satisfaction. My company's offer contains also LIVECHAT Communicator - multiprotocol instant messenger for business use. You can contact all of your friends (who use different applications like MSN, ICQ, etc) with it, but also organize instant messenging network in company. 14-day trial versions of both applications are free and you can download them directly from the web site.txji

Lacithecat said...

My dear - hope you are having a lovely time ... wherever you are!!

Smile ...