Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back from the Bush

I have never been so completely isolated from the world, nor have I ever been in such an amazing place as Botswana in my entire life. The safari was wonderful.

Ricardo and I just arrived back in Maputo after a long day of Land Cruiser rides and flights in small charter planes. I am overwhelmed by the e-mails and blogs and comments I have to catch up on, not to mention work...

Tomorrow will be catch-up day. Tonight I'm going to watch Italy vs. US and drink some red wine Rico and I bought on our layover in South Africa. (By the way, I am totally incapable of deciding who to root for in this game. Perhaps after a glass or two of wine my allegiances will become clear.)

Pictures and stories from the bush to follow...

6 comments:

Safiya Outlines said...

Yay! Glad you're back safe and had a great time.

Aside from that, isn't Kasey Keller the most unruffled looking goalkeeper in the tournament. He always looks so laid back.

sara said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it...

I'm usually similarly conflicted about which teams to cheer for but oddly enough, I usually end up cheering for a team that I have no allegiance to whatsoever -- and I wouldn't care a bit if either the US or Australia lost.

Alina said...

Yup, the safari, should have figured it....Anyway, glad you enjoyed it so much! Do share all the details soon! :)

paris parfait said...

Glad you're back safe and sound, with wonderful stories to tell!

Narrator said...

Welcome back to blogland, Ali. I can't wait to read about it and see your pictures.

Ali Ambrosio said...

Safiya - yes, Kasey Keller does look unfased by everything that happens in the game. I can't imagine being a goalkeeper - the pressure and potential for feeling guilty would eat me alive.

Telfair - I agree. I felt so unenthused by the US/Italy game and couldn't decide who I wanted to win in the end. Good thing they tied. We watched the Brasil game last night and, while their team usually gets an excited reaction out of me, I found that I was secretly rooting for them to lose. I think this year I will support an underdog...Ghana, perhaps?

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I'm trying to get my bearings and will have stories and photos soon enough.