Friday, March 03, 2006

We've Officially Got a Flat!

It's amazing!!! The flat is ours!!!

Ricardo and I just went over to the flat and had a meeting with the landlady. We signed all the final papers and payed a deposit of 3 month's rent, and she's agreed to move all her stuff out by Wednesday. I am having serious nesting urges, and can't wait to move in.

Today the weather is very windy, rainy, and cold. Yesterday it was easily over 90F. I haven't really figured out the climate here in Maputo yet. It reminds me of the schizophrenic weather in southern Brasil...

Well, Rico and I just had lunch and are off to run a couple of business errands and then go to GAME, this big South African department store just north of the city, to start shopping for our home!!!!! I feel like such a sap, but I am really excited about buying appliances and picking out towel sets.

Tonight I'm hoping to have some quiet time, what with the nasty weather and all, to finally sit down and write properly. Last night I was set on having a good write, but we got a big surprise that ended up delaying my plans and expulsing us from the flat we're currently staying in. For now, I'll just let you know that it has to do with a sewer (technically, I think it's a cess pool). You can let your imagination run wild from there until I conjure up a description to do the whole smelly event justice.

Until then, keep well!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the new flat!

Bart Treuren said...

hey... excellent that things are working out for you :D

different places, different ways.. no matter, juat and adjustment you'd not be needing but it's enriching in the end... look at the positives and life becomes a festival :D

keep well...

sara said...

Congratulations on your new home!

I'll bet you can't wait to move in and have a "nest."

Hope it's a very happy place for you!