Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Literally.

One door closes and another one opens.

Not five minutes after discovering that the microfinance proposal was not approved, I got an e-mail from a person that found a reference to Agrolink on my blog. I responded giving him some information about the company and our areas of focus, and immediately got another e-mail back. From a random internet encounter now comes the following opportunity:

Dear Alexandra,

Super! Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. In a nutshell, the Government of Mozambique is looking at preparing a draft Compact for an operation with the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). I was in Mozambique last month and ran across a reference to Agrolink while looking at rural/MSME access to financial service issues (including BDS), especially in the North. The XXX is a major MCC interlocutor.


I will pass on to my colleagues your coordinates.


I don't know if you are familiar with the Millenium Challenge Corporation, but it could be the meal ticket we've all been waiting for in terms of our operations here in Mozambique...

Yippee!!! I just went from -10 to +100 on the emotional scale in record time.

2 comments:

sara said...

It's amazing when those kinds of things happen -- it sort of makes you feel like the universe is conspiring to get you where you need to be, in some strange way, doesn't it?
Congratulations!

RaCandel said...

Parabéns...
Muita energia brasileira indo aí pra vcs...