Saturday, March 11, 2006

Surprise, Surprise

Guess what? We're still not moved into our new flat. Supposedly it will happen tonight, but then again that's what the landlady said yesterday, and last week, and at the beginning of the month. I'm just trying to be patient, understand that we'll move when we move, and remember that we'll get to discount these late days from our June rent so this isn't a financial problem either.

It's just so frustrating. I'm really looking forward to moving into our flat, and each day that the landlady dilly-dallies around is another day that Rico and I are living out of suitcases, eating all our meals in restaurants, and not having a proper work space. I'm finding it very hard to sit down and concentrate, be it on business stuff or on catching up on the blog.

I feel pressure to write - and I really do want to write about the experiences I've had in the last month - but right now I'm just a bit overwhelmed with the whole moving thing (or lack thereof).

The challenge, I suppose, is to sit still with all this anxiousness and pressure. Me fretting about won't make the landlady haul her junk out of the flat any faster, and it will only spend my energy. Wringing my hands over everything I've meant to write and haven't had a chance will not make my words come any easier.

My solution for everything at this point is to chill. Good writing and a good flat will come to those who wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»