Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sailing in Guanabara Bay

Here is the view of downtown Rio from Rico's uncle's sailboat as we cruised through the bay. The water was calm, the wind was great, and the sun exceptionally strong.


This is the back view of Sugarloaf as we headed out of the bay and around into the open waters near Copacabana beach. Things got pretty choppy and I made the mistake of going down into the cabin to pee. It was like being in a cardboard box on a roller coaster. While I was fine out in the open air, the trip to the bathroom made me soooooooooo seasick!


You can't really tell it by my smile, but here I am just dying to vomit over the edge of the boat. Thankfully it didn't reach that point, as Rico decided to turn the boat back into the calmer waters of the bay. Of course, about 10 minutes before our sailing adventure was over, I felt just fine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli...
aki eh o Rafael, irmão da Isabela, de Maringá... Como eu havia dito, vc conseguiu mais um acompanhante virtual nas suas jornadas... Começo minhas visitas hj, e continuarei...
Bjx pra vc e pro Rico, boa vida pra vcs e foi muito bom conhecer vcs e um pouco do trabalho de vcs.
Bjx... Rafa

Anonymous said...

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU. SMILE YOUR FRIEND LEATRICE