Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Ours (almost)

Two days ago, Rico and I made an offer on the house (with my mom's help as a co-signer). Yesterday, we got a very reasonable counter-offer back from the current owner.

We accepted it.

Now we just have to actually *get* a mortgage, get our downpayment cash into the proper accounts, and close the deal in 45 days. With a bit of luck, we'll be able to move into our own house when we relocate to California at the end of September.

I am a bit in shock - this is all so surreal, it almost seems like a dream - but quickly coming to terms with the fact that we will be doing some humble living going forward now that we've got a mortgage to pay off. ;)

I feel like such an adult!

4 comments:

Teej said...

Wooooow, so exciting! My fingers are crossed that all goes smoothly for you guys!

Hope to see you before you take off to be an adult in my favorite American state...

Stefanie said...

Yeh! Ali congrats. I would love to see a photo (any photo).

And home owning is a pleasure. All you do is yours and no one else. There is something very liberating about it.

Stefanie

Mandi said...

Wow, congrats! I think that does officially make you an adult, by the way. ;)

Marcia Francois said...

Ali, I'm SO excited for you and Rico. Congratulations and well done on keeping sane through the mountains of paperwork!!!