Sunday, February 01, 2009

Novidades

I've been struggling to keep up with the blog this week (obviously). A big part of the problem is my tendonitis - caused in large part by using the computer. I've been having serious pain in my forearms, and have been trying to avoid the old laptop in my leisure time as much as possible, as hard as that is for me given how dependent I am on email and the blog to keep in touch with family and friends. Despite the itch to be online, it's been good to have a rest. I think I need to make it a weekend policy to only get on the computer once a day!

So...I am still behind on blogging about my Kenya trip, but unfortunately that's not on my list of things I can get to today. Instead, we went to the pool at the hotel across the street (much-needed relaxation), cooked, bought a treadmill (no more Physical, the only public gym in Maputo, of which I'm not a fan), installed said treadmill on the veranda, did some spring cleaning, played with the kittens, watched tv, and suffered through an allergy attack (still in progress. ugh.).

Things have been good lately. Not much news to report, just work as usual (though some drama, but I guess that's to be expected with the particular function I have - nobody likes the person who enforces donor report deadlines and quality). I am looking forward to slightly cooler days, as the heat as of late has been brutal! I am also looking forward to a holiday on Tuesday. We are going to have the guest room and the hallway painted, adding to our house renovation kick.

Rico is getting his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday. We are driving to Nelspruit in South Africa to have it done. I feel very sorry for him. I think, however, that I am more nervous than he is. Just thinking about his procedure and recovery makes me queasy! Good thing we have a long weekend planned for his recovery. I've already alerted the kitchen manager of the B&B where we will stay that we'll need soup, smoothies and ice cream.

I suppose I should find a few good books to read, as it will be a slow few days for me as Rico recovers from the operation...

3 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Poor Rico! Get them to make some pasta for him too (a little more nourishing than yoghurts and soups).

Is he nervous?

:)

Mozi Esme said...

Hope your tendonitis gets better... And enjoy your trip to SA! I had all my wisdom teeth extracted at once - and they were impacted, so I know it is bearable, but it isn't much fun, except the excuse to drink milk shakes...

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Marcia - I don't think pasta will be a possibility for several days after the procedure. When I had my teeth taken out, I could only do liquids for about a week. I am definitely more nervous than Rico is at this point.

~MoziEsmé - Thanks, the tendonitis is really a hassle because so much of what I do - jewelry, computer - involves my forearms. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out in college, so at least I know what he's up against...