Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tras la Tempestad, la Calma

I am back in Maputo and genuinely happier, calmer, and more grounded than I've been in a long time. The Nia training was fabulous and not only did I dance a lot, I gained many lessons that can be applied in life as well as in physical movement. More to come about that over the course of the week...

Ricardo and I are still in our client's flat, but have found a wonderful 3 bedroom apartment that we hope to close a contract on sometime next week. I am looking forward to putting down some roots, painting our walls cool beach-inspired colors, buying furniture, and even potentially getting a cat!

Right now, though, I am having a string of busy, busy days and am not able to write about my personal life as much as I'd like. Rico and I have to finish a proposal by tuesday night that will hopefully get us money for our outgrower scheme in the tea project. It's all somewhat last-minute, which I don't love, but I am calm about the whole thing and not letting the pressure of work stress me out. Seriously. It's a great feeling to know you have a lot of work to do, but not let it overrun your life. I am very happy about that.

Hope you are all well...

love,
Ali

2 comments:

sara said...

You sound very calm & serene -- good for you! I'm glad your travelling was good & hope the last-minute project goes well.

Bart Treuren said...

i'm happy to read the optimistic tone in your post and luxury of having lots to do but also enough time in which to do it properly...

changes often have a way of getting one to rethink the things taken for granted, refocus and perhaps even to take a new road toward the future...

keep well