|View of Oakland and Point Richmond taken from a plane window in 2013.|
Here's 10 of the many reasons why Point Richmond is the best:
1. Small town feel where neighbors know each other, like each other (for the most part), and look out for each other.
2. Tons of history, from the railway to Ferry Point to the WWII Homefront and Rosie the Riveter.
3. Cute, walkable streets and a downtown full of independent shops and restaurants.
4. Waterfront location with beautiful parks, trails, and beaches.
5. Characters galore. This is not a homogenous or predictable place when it comes to the residents.
6. Calm, serene feel. Almost island-like. And yet you are 10 minutes from BART and 20-30 minutes driving to Oakland and San Francisco.
7. Convenient access to some of Northern California's best nature and sights (Marin, redwoods, Napa, Point Reyes and lots more).
8. A great summer concert series.
9. Arts! There are so many artists here, I feel like every day I meet or hear of someone new. I'm excited to be part of this scene as a maker, gallery owner, collaborator, and organizer. If you are ever in town, come check out the Ali Amaro | Art Jewelry & Objects showroom at 41 Washington Ave., right across from the Hotel Mac.
10. Great weather. Lots more sunshine and not as much fog compared to most other parts of the Bay Area. Plus it's never too cold or too hot.