Thursday, May 05, 2011

Sundial

Early this morning, when the Bay was still dove gray and quiet, the sun rose at precisely the right angle as to brilliantly flash upon the lighthouse across the water in Tiburon. The shine was so intense it reflected a golden dagger of light onto the water, a sharp linear beam that seemed to indicate some divine moment or astronomical alignment. Alas, we are a far cry from the Maya or the early peoples who created Stonehenge. The golden line on the water was simply coincidence, an illuminated treat for those with their eyes open at the right time at the right random location. I took a photo, made some coffee, then went about my day. Still, I can't help but feel I witnessed some special sign.

4 comments:

Mystic Indigo said...

nice...

Marcia (123 blog) said...

We were talking about you last week, laura (from Moz) and I. I told her you were my first blog meet-up. :)

Glad to hear you're well - can we see the pic?

Unknown said...

Amazing.
I love how you described it. I felt swept up with awe.
Sorry we haven't gotten together since you moved back to the bay. I got your last email in the middle of a really busy period of time and never got back to you...

Ali Ambrosio said...

~Stacie - It was, such a rare moment of light on water.

~Marcia - That seems like ages ago, doesn't it? I guess it was, really. Miss you and hope you and the fam are well.

~laundry girl - it was optimistic of me to think I had time, really. Maybe this summer? Xx