Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Birthdays and Art Milestones

Two of the people I love the very very very most in this world had birthdays in the last few days. We've enjoyed celebrating, keeping it low key.

All Rico wanted for his birthday was a lap full of cats. Not really, but that's what he is stuck with!

I love this photo of my mom that I took in Les Baux this summer when we went to France.

Speaking of milestones, my senior show went up one year ago today. When I stop to think about all that has happened, I feel profoundly overwhelmed. Grateful, excited, tired, bittersweet, hopeful, sad. What a ride.

One thing that makes me very happy is that I continue to make work in the vein of my senior show (Origins & Routes). Working with repurposed heirlooms, collectibles, and found objects is what I feel most strongly expresses my voice. I'll be showing new work this week...fitting timing.

No comments: