Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Duration of Time for Ali to Go Insane!

The word of the day today is TEDIOUS. I have been working for the past 2 weeks rewriting a terribly organized, shabbily written study on the agricultural input supply sector in Manica Province. The study draft I'm working from is in Zimbabwean English and is full of unnecesasry linguistic flourishes that are driving me insane.

An example: "The duration of time that will be taken to carry out the necessary activities of the project." For the LOVE OF GOD, just say "Project Timeline"!!!!!!!

Today, I sincerely hope, is the last day I will ever touch the damn thing. I can't handle another minute of writing about irrigation infrastructure, seed suppliers, and the average number of ox ploughs and hoes in each family sector farm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha To rindo muito!!!
Bora chutar o balde e ir pro Rio PORRAAAAAAA!! Pode levar meu conterraneo tb!!! ;)
Beijosss! Saudades de vc!!